In harmony with nature and technology
Entrepreneurial responsibility means handling the resources of our environment with care.
Sustainability criteria are important factors in the decisions made by many of our clients. By systematically orienting our services towards those criteria, we not only conserve resources but also support our clients and partners in putting their ideals into practice.
What is most important to us is knowing that we can exert a direct influence on the development of our environment. It is a fact that efforts on a “small” scale can make a major contribution. Environmentally conscious handling of paper and printed materials can, for example, make itself felt within an extremely short time. A corporate strategy of sustainability, therefore, not only reduces the burden on our ecosystem, but also results in economic benefits.
We have been following this philosophy in practice for many years already, as witnessed by the following examples:
- We are mindful of sustainability and thrift in the organization of our business travel, training courses and appointments. The use of alternatives to cars and aircraft, use of public transport, car sharing, appropriate scheduling and linking of business appointments, and technical alternatives to meetings such as web presentations and telephone conferences are firmly enshrined in our internal directives.
- With digitization and electronic data exchange, we not only optimize business processes, but also contribute to saving resources.
- Our closely meshed networks for field service reduce the distances travelled and therefore contribute to the environmental friendliness of all the services involved.
- Many of our employees work (in part) from home offices. This conserves resources and the transport infrastructure.
- A further central point in our sustainability strategy is our own computing centre. It was constructed in accordance with the recommendations from the Green IT expertise centre of the Federal Office of Administration (BVA). The virtualization of the EXCON computing centre resulted in a reduction of 75% in the hardware required. This also reduced the maximum electricity consumption by 66%.
We have ambitious targets for the future, too. As technology develops, more and more new opportunities arise for the conscientious handling of nature and limited economic resources. We at EXCON aim to develop and exploit this potential for linking the economy, society and ecology for the benefit of our clients and humankind as a whole.